... a voice for those who mourn the loss of a soul mate
"He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began." - Leo Tolstoy

Friday, August 11, 2017

Love Lives Forever




Lately, the phrase Love Lives Forever seems to be popping up continuously in my peripheral vision. I believe this phrase because I believe love continues past this life into the next realm. Love stretches from my universe to your heaven. It’s not a stretchy substance like a rubber band or putty that we are each holding onto. It’s more like Bluetooth. I send you my thoughts and you respond, though not always in a timely manner. Sometimes you must not be wearing your receiver. Maybe you are in airplane mode. I miss your rapid fire, witty repartee responses. I still share things with you because I know I can and because I believe it makes you happy, too, staying in contact with me. I feel your energy and the vibration of your spirit emits warmth. Not like the furnace heat that poured off your body when we held each other for the last time. This is more like the warmth of a soft blanket caressing me just as I doze off for a nap.

When you are responding, I almost feel your touch like you have your hand on my shoulder or at the back of my neck. You always had the warmest hands. Maybe you have become a Reiki master and are treating me from a distance. Sometimes, I can walk into a room and the scent of you is evident. These are rooms you never physically inhabited but somehow your spirit is able to evoke your familiar smell. Or a large beautiful butterfly lingers near me for the longest time resting on the yellow and red flowering lantana plant as I work on the patio. Or sometimes, it’s the hummingbird that whizzes alternately between me and the fuchsia colored bougainvillea blooms. On rare occasions you fill the front yard with colorful quail- those beautiful little birds with their man buns bobbing as they run. We would always stop to watch them and found them so comical. I even named my company after them, Running Quail Press. In each case I can feel your love cascading over me.

There are so many expressions about love. Love is a gamble. Love is for fools. Love is one-sided. Love is blind. Love means never having to say you’re sorry. (That one is a true fallacy.) One of my favorites is "Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.” -Louis de Bernieries - Corelli's Mandolin

Last evening, Susanne Wilson the Carefree Medium, autographed my copy of her new book, Soul Smart, and guess what she wrote? Love lives forever! Yes, Susanne, it does.

No comments: